The following commissions are part of George C. Marshall Albania to ensurethe realizationof its mission
- The Commission of Security Issuesrelated tointernal affairs and good governance;
- The Commission of Security Issuesrelated todefense (military field);
- The Commission of International Relations;
- The SupervisoryCommission;
- The EconomicCommission;
- The CoordinationCommission.
- Eachcommission will consist ofthreememberswho are electedby the Board of Directorsfortwoyearswiththe right to re-election. Eachmemberof the Board will be responsible for runningoneof the Commissions.
- Members of theCommissions will lose their statusif:
- forany ofthe reasons stated inparagraph3of Article6of the Statute, they do not enjoythe status of Association member;
- they are at the end of their mandate;
- they resign;
- with no reasonable motives, theydo not participatein the proceedings ofthe relevant commission on3 (three)consecutiveoccasions.
- Membersof eachCommission will electamong themselvesoneChairmanwho will be responsible forassemblinganddirecting the work.
The Commission of Security Issues related to internal affairs and good governance
- The successful accomplishment ofAssociation activities relating tointernal affairsand good governance;
- Proposing a two-year action planfor the Associationbasedon security issuesrelating tointernal affairsandgood governance. This should beinitiallyapprovedby theBoardand thenby the Assembly;
- Reviewing andapprovingin advanceanyadditionalactivitiesto the two-year action plan.These activities should be deliveredto the Board andthen the Assembly for approval;
The Commission of Security Issues related to defense (military field) is responsible for:
- The successful accomplishmentof Association activitiesrelating tothe military field;
- Proposing a two-year action planfor theAssociationbasedon security issuesrelating tothe military field. This should be initiallyapprovedby theBoardand thenby the Assembly;
- Reviewing andapprovingin advanceanyadditionalactivitiesto the two-year action plan. These activities should be deliveredto the Board and thenthe Assembly for approval;
- Definingand proposing, tothe Board of Directors,Associationmemberswho will participateinnationaland internationalactivitiesrelated tothe field ofsecurityanddefense.
The Commission of International Relations
- The Commission of International Relations is responsible for;
- submitting requestsfor membershiptosimilar international associations;
- meetingobligationsarisingfrom membershipof any affiliated internationalassociations;
- collaboratingwithaffiliatedassociationsin different countriesby initiatingorengaginginjoint activities;
- presentingsuggestionsto the Association’s governing bodies regardingvarious aspects offoreign relations.
- It is foreseen that there should be a special expenditure in the Association’s budget for international relations.
The Supervisory Commission
- The SupervisoryCommissionensures thatthe activitiesof the Associationandits various bodiescomplywith its Statute andlegislation.
- This Commissionpreparesan annual analysis ofthe work performed bythe Association(with itsfindingsandsuggestions). This analysis should besubmitted tothe Association’sBoard of Directors which, in the exercise ofitspowers,holdsit to its attention.
The Economic Commission
- The EconomicCommissiontakes careofthe financial activities of the Association. It controlscostsandpreparesthe balance sheetof the Associationtogether withthe Association’sdraft budgetproposalforthe following year.
- This Commissionpreparesanannual analysison the financial activitiesof the Associationwhich,togetherwiththedraft budgetproposal,is submitted to theSteering Committeeof the Association. The Steering Committee,in the exercise ofitspowers,holdsthese documents to its attention.
The Coordination Commission
- The CoordinationCommissionenables the coordination ofprofessional, social, cultural and scientificactivities related to the Association. In particular,the Commission:
- is interested in the economicandsocialconditions ofAssociationmembers;
- suggests to the Association governing bodies to encourage state authorities according to their possibilities to improve certain aspects of the social life of its members;
- notifiesmembersviacoordinatorsabout the cultural and scientificactivitiesof the Association;
- financesandsupportsthe organization ofculturalactivities on behalf of the Association;
- informs members of professionaltrainingopportunities via its coordinators;
- tries toprovidescholarshipsfor training, bothat home and abroad;
- maintains regular contactswith NATO, the OSCE,the EuropeanCommissionandotherinternational partnersthatcollaboratewiththe Association;
- proposesfundsnecessarytoconductits work.
- The CoordinationCommissionis assistedinits workby threecoordinatorswho are appointed bythe Commission. Coordinatorsmust be membersof the Association.
- This Commission, together with the coordinators, respects the provisions of the Statute and determines ways of coordinating work between them.